
(all images via style.com)
Chanel bearsuits with mismatched patches of fake fur, furry boot bottoms soaked in water, a maze of fractions of icebergs, thick black fur pants. Karl Lagerfeld brought us so much fur yet itdidn't strike me as invading or overwhelming. He totally mastered making it blend into the outfits:the pieces of fur hanging off the leather and tweed jackets, or them being incorporated into coats with more subtlety. I also loved the accessories, especially this small ice-like bag.

Ooh and let's not forget this beautiful white dress which, despite its display of seemingly heavy fur, projects a certain youth and above all, lightness. It's like a cross of a butterfly and a polar bear that looks like an ice fairy. There's just something so pure, light-hearted about this dress...

And to end on another ensemble I liked,

in which the fitted boots, the bohemian-ish (one big ish!) bag, the soft skirt, and the kind of chaotic yet serene tweed vest are perfect both separately and as a whole.
Just like last season, I was exited to uncover this collection and will probably be looking at it over and over (and over) again.
In the meantime, I'm still luring over the Spring clogs...
No comments:
Post a Comment